At the EBF we take the Privacy of our customers and contacts seriously.
We collect data for the following main reasons:
- To allow us to inform Thoroughbred stallion owners of registration deadlines and relevant information;
- To contact breeders/consignors/buyers/trainers of Thoroughbred racehorses to inform them of applicable registration deadlines;
- To maintain contact with other industry bodies and personnel.
- In order to allow us to continue to improve our website, we gather anonymous data about visitors browsing habits using Google Analytics. This involves cookies being set on a visitor’s computing device. These cookies gather no personal information about you and all visitors remain anonymous. We do not allow third parties any access to the data from these cookies and our website does not place cookies on behalf of any third parties. You can opt out of Google Analytics for all websites by installing the add-on found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- If you have given us your details, EBF staff may contact you via post, telephone or email in order to provide you with information about our services and update you with relevant information. We may also, from time to time, contact you to carry out surveys and other research relating to the EBF and its activities. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving all such information at any time please email email@example.com.
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise trade your details to any third party.
- We will do our utmost to protect your information by using the latest security technology.
How do we protect your information?
All details pertaining to contacts/customers are kept in a private and secure environment that is only accessible by EBF staff. All computers are password protected and we use appropriate anti-virus and malware programmes.
Links to Third Party Websites
The EBF is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. The EBF advises users to read the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data.
Access to your own data.
You can request copies of the data we have collected about you at any time by writing to:
119 High Street
Suffolk, CB8 9AE
Please note that such written requests will need to be accompanied by appropriate proof of identity and address such as photocopies of your passport or photocard driving licence and a household/utility bill. Please also include a daytime telephone number and email address so that we can verify the request has come from you.
Page last updated 23 May 2018